View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 06:39 AM   #7
alextone
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
Fixed by uninstall the original install. Copy REAPER folder to 2 instances and renamed them reaper_org and reaper_otr. Created two launchers and two different icon so I know which one to start. Everything is okie dokie. Copied reaper.ini for the original install, deleted everyhing inside and started reaper. It creates folders and everyting neat and clean.

Two portable installations with different setup. One clean and the second one with theme and templates. Swell!

Thank you!
Out of curiosity, have you tried running both instances at the same time? And if you try, what's the result?

I have a problem with Reaper not having enough midi ports out to a big standalone instance of Linuxsampler running all my samples, and i'm thinking of giving R a rest for a while, and using something else, but if both instances can be running at the same time, and they can sync correctly (and of course, both use Jack correctly), then I may be able to work something out with splitting my orchestra in half, and working in adjacent desktops.

Alex.

[EDIT] Never mind, i just tried it. Reaper-1 and Reaper-2. When i try to open Reaper-2 in a terminal, it tells me it's reverting to the already running instance and stops.
Worth a try!

Last edited by alextone; 07-17-2019 at 07:09 AM.
alextone is offline   Reply With Quote