View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #8
gofer
-blänk-

Doesn't everybody want more toolbars anyway ? This must eventually come. 4 MIDI toolbars are way to few with or without contextuals.

I haven't tried the new extension yet, will do asap of course. But I just had a thought about how Hopi could probably make the existing set useful. He uses 8 toolbars kinda ribbon style at the top of the window. Only one is visible at a time and he switches them via a set of buttons.

Are the new SWS contextual toolbars forced to open at mouse cursor? If not, Hopi could use them as a nifty additional way to switch his toolbars. He could basically have them semi-automatically follow his current work context (hover above the area of interest and use the shortcut which will switch his "ribbon" to the toolbar that fits that context best). Although I am a fan of small mouse position toolbars I think this could make for some good workflow as well.

If however SWS contextual toolbars can only open at mouse cursor it would be a very good idea to make it an option to open them in their last saved position instead (in a future build of SWS extensions). I figure we can already do this via ReaScript.

EDIT: First look reveals that it's under mouse cursor only (for a reason). After thinking a bit about it I am not sure anymore about what I previously said. I think exitement took the better of me there. Probably my above FR would better be done by adding yet another set of actions instead of an option in the config dialog and it would be pretty restricted, with regards to the "exclusive" part. Some may have multiple toolbars next to each other and then one in a different position, so it would be necesssary to rather do "swap toolbar a with toolbar b" - no, I don't think it's a good idea. After all, it's easierer to knit a taylored script for Hopi than changing your fine new set.

And:

Give us more Toolbars, Cockos

Last edited by gofer; 11-24-2014 at 11:58 AM.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote