View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 05:03 AM   #63
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post

I suppose the Block needs to take care of other blocks connected, and this might make the note stealing algorithm more complex or less workable.
As of now Blocks have a serious inconvenience regarding this I feel inclined to rant about, but it would derail the thread. You may well be right about this. I tested with a single Block, because said inconvenience makes the setup as in the video impossible with multiple Blocks (if done using Dashboard only, that is).

Quote:
You might also tried to use the JSFX I posted above. Regarding note-stealing it might work better or worse. But it does show what it does, if you also add the graphics code from the other post, and hence debugging and searching for improvement is a lot easier.
Yep, I noticed it after posting. It will come in handy when I go about fixing my own channel redistribution, so that's awesome to have, thanks. At a quick glance, I could not for example play a long note on one hand and a legato line with the other, it will kill all but the last note in that situation. I'll check furtherhopefully this evening, wheather is too nice to spend much more time indoors, but I'll give some feedback then.

I have some vague hunch that for this special use case, 2 voices, the routine could be made to always reuse the channel of the note that is closest to the new (third) note. Not sure, but that may be a good enough decision for many cases???

Quote:
I have no doubt that this works just fine. The problem is that I might need to switch the seaboard modes on the fly while live playing (without a Monitor attached to the system "on stage"!), and I did not yet find a decent documentation how to do that via Midi.
Don't you think you could find a way marry your patch switching method with the JSFX way of processing the data within Reaper?

Quote:
That is exactly what I am up to. But regarding trying, I need to swap the other keyboard out of my live setup for the seaboard, and from that point it needs to work for me as similar as possible like the old one did. Any additional goodies need to be explored and configured only after that. But I'd like to be sure that it will indeed be usable before I buy it. Of course for the usual piano-like playing the 88 key hard (hammer) keyboard is there to stay.

Thanks for your comments,
-Michael
I'd so love to convice you to get one anyway . First because it is that good but also to get more MPE discussion going here at Cockos forum. There is much to improve regarding editing MPE in Reaper...

Now I really need to catch some sunlight, later
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote