View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #501
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Hi

I've mapped what I can of the X32, and disappointingly for me, only one of the rotary controls (assignable pan knob) sends any MIDI data in any mode that I can discover. Neither, for some strange reason, do the Solo buttons (except some of them in Remote mode).

So, it's not going to be quite as flexible as I hoped, although there are still quite a few faders and buttons (latching and non-latching) which do deliver data, depending on the mode the desk is in.

Hopefully at least the Faders and switches would be useful for me if your project can build a map for it. I might have to look into another general purpose knobs and buttons MIDI controller for FX use as well (ideas please?).
I love my Softube Console 1 for that job

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Briefly (let me know when/if you want a full list of what sends what):

The one physical Assignable Pan Knob sends 00-7F for up to 64 different channels (according to the Bank and Channel Selects on the desk)

CHANNEL SECTION

8 physical Mute Buttons send 00 or 7F (latching) for up to 64 different channels (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

8 physical Channel Faders send 00-7F (nothing sent when Touched or Released, only CC when moved) for up to 64 channels (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

BUSS SECTION (Normal desk mode)

8 physical Mute Buttons send 00 or 7F (latching) for up to 31 different channels (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

8 physical Channel Faders send 00-7F (nothing sent when Touched or Released, only CC when moved) for up to 31 channels (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

One physical Main Fader sends 00-7F (nothing sent when Touched or Released, only CC when moved) for one channel

BUSS SECTION (DAW Remote mode)

8 physical Select switches send 00 or 7F (non-latching) for 8 channels - Note On/Off

8 physical Solo switches send 00 or 7F (non-latching) for 8 channels - Note On/Off

8 ohysical Mute switches send 00 or 7F (non-latching) for 20 channels - Note On/Off (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

MISC BUTTONS
6 physical Mute Group buttons send 00 or 7F (latching) for 6 channels in any mode
Ok, we need to agree on a data format.

The best one is simply the 3 byte message, preferably in hex like so:

Assignable Pan Knob b0 01 00-7f

If you put that in decimal it's 176 1 0-127

Hex is cleaner because every number is 2 digits.

Here are some examples:
Fader1 e0 00-7f 00-7f
Fader2 e1 00-7f 00-7f

This describes faders that range from e0 00 00 to e0 7f 7f and e1 00 00 to e1 7f 7f.

See how hex clearly indicates the pattern.

You would expect Fader3 to start with e2, Fader4 to start with e3, etc.

Some switches
Solo 90 08 00-7f
Mute 90 10 00-7f

Do you know if you can send midi messages to remotely switch modes on the X32 ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote