View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
KevinW
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
To quote my neighbor in Tennessee, "yer holdin yer mouth wrong, bwah"

If you look at the example setup I did for Ksore recently, you'll see how the two CC's - 7 and 11- work in tandem.
One controls velocity and the other overall level, so if you leave the velocities unchanged and either increase or reduce the level, you will achieve the result you are looking for.

Say your velocities are all in a range that you are comfortable with, insert a CC11 where you want the level to change and then map in a series of CCs with either increasing or decreasing values.
So if for example your CC7 (velocity) is varying between 100 and 120 and you want to drop the level, insert CC11 127 for maximum loudness and you can either pencil in a series of CC11 with different values or you can map a control in Reaper to adjust CC11.
It really is that simple, unless I am mis-interpreting what it is you want to do.

Mind you, I am used to having a separate software MIDI mixer with various functions assignable to whatever CC you want, which would be the ideal here.
Different strokes, I guess. I always associate volume with audio, so it's much simpler for me to automate the volume using the track fader/envelope, rather than CC's. It also seems better from a mixing standpoint, since I can see the volume envelopes from multiple tracks much more easily than I can see the cc lanes from multiple tracks. Again, different methods of achieving the end goal, so I guess people just pick what's comfortable for them.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote