View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #7
DANIELE
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
The current logic is that if the piano roll mouse modifiers are set up so an unmodified click deselects events, then an unmodified click in a cc lane will also deselect events, and will follow the piano roll mouse modifier preference to move the edit cursor.

If the piano roll mouse modifiers are set up so an unmodified click in the piano roll does something else (like insert a note), an unmodified click in a cc lane will move the edit cursor. The alternative (without adding more mouse modifiers) would be to have that click do nothing at all, which does not seem more likely to be the desired behavior.

Thank you Schwa. I'm in the second case but I don't understand why is configured like this, shouldn't be better to have a dedicated mouse modifier for this?

Are you telling me that there's no way to change this behavior?

If you pretty much record all the time you could use double click to insert notes but if you use a lot midi editor to manually input notes then you have to use single left click unless you want to smash your mouse.

EDIT

I used to click in the velocity lane empty spots to deselect everything, now the edit cursor follow the mouse. Could you please think to an option for this?

Last edited by DANIELE; 08-12-2019 at 02:26 PM.
DANIELE is offline   Reply With Quote