View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #11
Guido
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
That last one seems very kludgy compared to using OSC:

With REAPER's OSC configuration you would just set the number of tracks to 24 (as the master track is available separately).

So, what's the relation between Mackie's MCU and HUI exactly; is HUI the newer, more advanced protocol?
Hi banned,

the Hui came first in 1997.It was a co deal between then didgidesine and Mackie to control Protools. First itb hands on controller .Human Device interface.^^

Then Mackie cut a deal with then non apple logic guys and came out with the Logic Control.Looks just like a mcu,but differnt midi messages.Developed by Emagic and mackie. Then came the mackie control..still looking the same and available as a firmware update to the older models...and then finaly came the mcu and the mcu midi protocol. I would think that the mcu protocol is more advanced. Although the hui spec was no slouch...it did use faders with much more precision than 127. I think its 1024 or more.

I have everything working bidirectionally with Reaper except the displau.I just would like to have the display for plugin parameters at the mix position.
Thx

guido
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote