View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Guido
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Nice one Guido! Downloaded, and I'll sure have a good look at it - it seems all plain MIDI (SysEx) at first sight. I bet we can do a OSC <--> HUI patch. But I also bet this is still going to be a lot more complicated than wrapping your head around OSC.

Too bad I don't have such a device to play with. Explain again please, is there anything possibly interesting about this protocol for those who don't own a specific (expensive) device?

PS: looks like you posted two identical copies of the file HUIREFRX.txt, and forgot HUICSET2.txt.
Hi banned,

Thx for spotting that.sry.And thx for havin a look at the docs.

Any message they use over 3 bytes is sysex..but they use a lot of double 3 byte messages. For ex. button presses/releases are 2..3byte midi messages.Its all midi.

In my op in the edit i describe what i think is the ticket for me. I let the Reaper Csurf handle the basics...my preset for bomes midi translator does all the buttons via Reapers action learn window..all this is covered now. But its just the display. The relevant information in detail is on pages 4-7 on the HUI/pdf.

As far as who would be interested....any one that has a controler that was designed to work with protools. That would include a lot of not NOW so expensive midi controllers. Especialy with the way avid has made them obsolete for current PT {if Im not mistaken} bu dropping hui support. Any HUI speaking controller. And this is old stuff man!the REAL hardware Mackie HUI..the grand father of all daw controllers..came out in 97! these controllers used to be expensive.

There's even a guy who first posted here looking for mackie info a while ago named khorus who has done a mod that he sells.that..get this..takes the old Mackie d8b digital board..came out in 2000 i believe..., and turns it into 25 faders of full mcu ..meters and everything! It no longer functions as a digital audio console..no audio in out..just 3 mcus's! for the price of 1 used d8b. about $1400 including his mod. Now this does nothing for me because the protocol is mcu,but i use it to say ...cut the reverse gear snobbery!^^^^joking I will compile and post some more info in a moment....

thanks also for all the helpful advice uve been giving..thx

Guido

EDIT I have a working mackie d8b digital board. In Version 5 software they added a HUI emulation layer.Just thought my post sounded confusing. I will post some links in a meoment..again thx..

Last edited by Guido; 04-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote