View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #8
rst
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs94704 View Post
Let me be more clear ......

I just listed some things I am looking for. Let me also be clear that I am looking for a theme to use NOT for recording, but, for mixing...

If I can get a referral to a theme that has most or part of what I am looking for that would be awesome.

If I had to pick two things, it would be that the track layout would just be jazzed up a bit and most of all that the meters would be easy to look at and read. I say this because some of the themes that I have seen, the meters were very minimal and I had to have a magnifying glass to see the meter numbers. I want the opposite!

Thanks...
I understand you, but even these few requirements are challenge. Probably you can find several themes with track layouts and meters done the way you like, but most likely other details you didn't think about will appear done improperly or not in your taste (color schemes, shapes/order of elements etc.)
I tried to find theme with similar requirements as yours, but unfortunately I could not. Then tried to modify older default theme to my needs and noticed, that theme development is quite complex task. It is almost as normal software development. Reaper themes are skills demanding in graphics design, programming and need huge attention to detail. Thus there is very low chance to find really well developed theme. Most theme developers do not have all required skills. You may find theme with very good graphics, but poor walter programming, or opposite. All this variety of choice is just useless, unbelievable how many people waste their time developing half finished, sloppy, unusable themes. Out of hundreds themes there are only maybe 3-5 ones where most elements are done well both graphically and functionally. But even their developers usually lack time and persistence to keep them up to date, workout every minor detail and implement fixes.

So don't waste your time. Use default
But in case you still will search and find your ideal theme, please share your choice Would be interesting to check, maybe you will be more lucky
rst is offline   Reply With Quote