View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
Airal
Banned

Default Pops and clicks started suddenly.

I'm having a strange new problem. I opened up a project that I regularly use(at least once a week) and start play back. After a while I started getting pops and clicks. It sounds like when the computer is at the edge of not being able to keep up and a short pops and clicks occur quite often(100/s) but the audio is easily understandable(the pauses are long long but very short, but many) but just annoying and unusable.

This did not happen until I installed some new hardware drivers(A Midi to USB interface, a USB HD, and several other things like a new mouse).

The problem is, that the issue only occurs after around 10+ mins of usage and restarting stuff doesn't help unless I wait a bit(e.g., turn off audio interface, etc).

Reaper is only using 1-2% cpu and the rest if free. No new apps or background services are running.

I've been running it on the lowest latency right now and it hasn't done it but does it on the higher latency settings, which is very odd ;/

Have had no issues in the past so it is surely one of the apps/drivers that were installed or a USB device... but that doesn't explain why the lowest latency seems to work fine but the higher ones don't.

(there are no plugins on the project I'm playing on)

Just curious if anyone has experienced anything like this or knows what might be causing it.

Edit: I just put it back on the highest setting after playing for 20+m glitch free and it immediately was crud. When I set it back to 2.6ms(from 36m) it has no glitches. Does the opposite of what it's suppose to. This won't work though because for projects where I need high latency for mixing, it will sound bad.
Airal is offline   Reply With Quote