View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #44
Uoppi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
If you could save and post here a copy of the crashlog, it might help.
Windows error log says Plug & Mix Basspeg crashes as the Runtime error appears. Quite a surprise, because I expected Izotope is to blame.

So, after
1. removing Basspeg from the project,
2. removing the Basspeg .dll from the VST2 folder,
3. doing a rescan in Reaper,
4. verifying all plugins are scanned with their full names in the .ini file,
5. reloading the project: I suddenly get a prompt saying all of the Waves plugins in the project are missing, even though they worked just fine a few minutes before! (EDIT: On another launch, there are now also some Izotope plugins missing)
6. As a side note: I am able to insert the Izotope VST3 plugin now without the Runtime error. But nothing gets the Waves plugins back, apart from some inevitable cut and paste between projects (I can only hope)
EDIT2: When I insert the project as a template to a new project, all plugins are found again, as was expected. But soon this new project may start malfunctioning, and I will need to do the template cat-and-mouse trick once again to make things work for a little while.

It's like this, one random headache after the other. Every f*****g day. As something gets (presumably) fixed, something else that was working gets broken.

BTW: I also tried Reaper as portable install, even with an old version from last March. Didn't fix the incomplete scans.

Last edited by Uoppi; 01-11-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Uoppi is offline   Reply With Quote