View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
Neezoo
Human being with feelings

Default VST parameters

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
After you click on a VST parameter you want to record in realtime, right-click the Param button, and you will see:

Last touched: [name of the parameter]
Show in track controls
Show in track envelope
Parameter modulation
Learn
Alias parameter

"Show in track envelope" is what you need. After that, set the envelope mode to Write (click on the "env" button). This should enable recording the control while your track is record enabled, and you're actively recording.

There's even a property (Ctrl+P, Properties->Editing Behavior->Envelopes), that's called "Automatically add envelopes when tweaking parameters in automation write modes". When this is active, if your track envelope mode is Write or Touch or Latch, whenever you move a new VST parameter in its interface, a new envelope is created automatically. You have to be careful with this setting though, as you might overpopulate the track envelopes quite fast.
Hi EvilDragon, I am a newbie to this forum and to reaper as wel (to DAWs in general), I have a question over setting a VST parameters, My question is lets say i have at least two tracks on reaper sharing the same vst, how do i set different vst parameters for each track separately so I dont need to add the VST twice since it has diffirent parameters? hope i made myself clear, any help will apreciated thank you indeed.
Neezoo is offline   Reply With Quote