View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #66
Breeder
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
The main reason I can't remap things is because I cannot set the midi track to be time based.. and the item to ignore tempo changes and setting tempo to xxx value. because the tempo is not a fixed xxx value. It is already changing within the item. I have see the actions "SWS/BR: split selected items at tempo markers" but that is a mess splitting my midi notes too. Maybe it is the only solution.
Hmm...tricky. First idea that comes is this (you need some kind of virtual cable for this):

1. Send track with midi in question to virtual cable
2. Create new project tab and create track that receives from that same virtual cable
3. Record midi from old project into new project
4. New project should contain midi file that has all the events spaced the same way old project has them, but at one tempo only.
5. Ignore tempo for the newly record item and tempo map it in that new project

Not really the most elegant thing in the world, but I guess it should work.

edit: When it comes to automated solution here's an idea.
I could add new action to SWS that pastes selected midi item at edit cursor with midi events relative time positions preserved. So you could copy your item to part of project without tempo markers, ignore project tempo for it and move it to old item's position and tempo map it again. Also convoluted, but faster than recording through virtual MIDI cable.

Last edited by Breeder; 02-04-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote