View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #36
Eraz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb7 View Post
The issue could be related to the presence of a Vst with resizable vector graphics interface. I have the same problem in a project with roughly 70 tracks and Sektor synth present. As soon as I remove Sektor problem dissapears.
In my case there is no Plugin loaded and it mostly affects hand scroll...
Try this:

1) Create a new project with 100 tracks, does not matter how they are set up and minimize them, so they are at their smallest size (~80 tracks per page)
2) draw an item on one track and handscroll around that item
3) repeat it, but now open the mixer or midi editor

Do you see any difference? I do on a 4k screen. Like going from 30 fps to 10.
Seems to be dependent on the number of tracks in the project? But why does it feel a lot smoother with the mixer open?
It seems that when there is something open in the lower zone, hand scroll changes its behaviour.

Edit:I Could reproduce the issue on my smaller 22" 1680x1050 screen by doing this:

1) Go into Prefs-> Advanced UI / System Tweaks and set Scaling to 0.5,
2) doing so I now can also fit ~70-80 minimized tracks on my small screen (just for testing)
3) draw an item on one track and handscroll around that item
4) repeat it, but now open the mixer or midi editor

Now it behaves exactly like my 4K screen when hand scrolling where I can fit easily 80 (minimized) tracks on one page.
It seems to be dependable to how many tracks(+items) are visible at the same time on one page. When opening the mixer you decrease the amount of visible tracks on the page and everything seems more fluid.
The thing is it already lags a lot when normal scrolling still feels fluid.

Last edited by Eraz; 12-18-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote