View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #128
Pinknoise
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
Thank you so much! Why wouldn't I be? What else is there?!

I think someone else had the same problem earlier. I really don't know, it opens up normally for me. Could it be that some ad blockers interrupt the loading? Do you see the section where the page asks permission for website cookies?

Thanks! Sky is still the one I'm most proud of, but it seems not that many people find it as useful. Or perhaps a limiter just isn't as sexy as an EQ or a compressor...

On Sky the cloud should have a 1:1 ratio. I feel that the other sliders benefit from a slower movement so the precise control wouldn't be needed as much. The Sky 2.0 might have different behavior though, as it won't have freely scalable graphics like the current one. Also, non-retina displays might behave differently. I still haven't found the best way to tackle that.
I think to appreciate the value of a good peak limiter you actually have to be finishing a mix. Where you try to bring everything to a decent output level or you try to tame peaks before hiting a particular compressor. So I suppose for anybody not doing serious work, they don't really have a situation where it is really needed and therefore they don't happen to be comparing to other limiters as well. For my part I find clippers do a similar job and bring in some mojo as well when it's a really good one. I'm curious to know, unless you really want zero saturation added to a sound, where would a limiter be preferable to a clipper ?

I still use limiters on vocal and main bus mostly. That's one situation where the added saturation might not be welcome since we hear it so well on the vocals.
Overtime I find that a really good limiter is one of the toughest plugins to find. To my taste very few does the job really well when you push them a little. Brainworx is currently my favorite followed by Barricade from ToneBooster.

I'm impressed your limiter lets the sound of the attack through while still taming the peaks great job !

Last edited by Pinknoise; 12-09-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote