View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 12:29 AM   #230
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip mcdonald View Post
That's irrelevant, the music is not heard prior to the invention of audio recording without a player. Notation was part of the "playback system".
The "playback system" is the "recorded medium" (notation) and the means of reproduction (the instrument + the human).
It is a playback system. Someone writes music in Town A and it is heard by someone in Town B.
Playback systems shorten distances and time between a composer and a listener. That's all.
I do agree to your idea and suggestions. Yes, nowadays we've got the luxury of audio (and video!) recordings, electricity (analogue/digital).
I also do think, that an audio recordings as a "notation system/playback system" amongst musicians would work 100% only if all those were trained to achieve the so called "absolute pitch" from an early age (look how Rick Beato trained his kid). Of course even today we (somehow skillful musicians with somehow trained ear) can learn a music piece by ear if it is not too complicated music (again form personal perspective).
Look... flamenco playing and other native folklore music was passed on by first hand and by ear and by tips'n'tricks (someone shows you the skills in person). That is different, I agree, from a notation system (that is represented by Youtube and video today).

That is why I would like to see the radical (back to the roots) approach, prior to church influence (the staff, note names), prior to... well... the standard piano keyboard!
I think those are limiting both the composers and the students (players).

Quote:
Let's bring back the 12 unique notenames for the 12 tones (music alphabet).

Let's redesign the piano keyboard in such a way, so that it can be derived from the topology of the human hand and fingers!

Last edited by Pashkuli; 08-18-2019 at 12:35 AM.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote