View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #40
KevinW
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
As far as I understand (as I said before, I haven't really tested this yet), REAPER currently does that for ReaEQ already. But not (yet) for any other plugin. So I'm kind of expecting/hoping other plugins to follow, but rather top-down than bottom-up, so to speak: an 'insert this specific plugin' action only makes sense when there's something specific about that plugin, e.g. that it can be controlled from a control surface and provides feedback to it (for example, one can now easily get/set ReaEQ parameters as dB and Hz). That is how I understand this particular action / set of OSC message patterns anyway.

I'm not sure it's all that different as far as REAPER is concerned; but again, the "proposed" bits probably already work as we speak. Which I think explains exactly why the new action is specific to one plugin, and why is not 'restrictive', but is still being developed.

If anything is to blame for currently having such features available 'only' for ReaEQ, it the user community (including myself) for not yet having done any useful testing on these features for the first prototype test case. We did not show any interest in it at all, so why would the developers prioritize working on it?

<bumps testing OSC support for ReaEQ a few places up personal to-do list>
So, am I to understand that when we use the new action to insert Reaeq, that the parameters will automatically be mapped to a specific controller? That would be nice (though not necessarily for Reaeq, but it's a start).

We already have SWS actions to insert a certain number of your favorite plugins (limited to a dozen plus or minus, IIRC). So I'm hoping that I'm understanding you correctly and that this new action does something more than just insert the plugin on the track.

I'll have to test this out later tonight...
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote