View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 05:36 AM   #133
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Version 1.13 Please download the new theme version from the first post (script is unchanged in this update)

Here is the big transport WALTER update. Much stretching, adjustment and general intelligence is now in (I've written whole themes with less WALTER than this bugger!) ...which will all need a great deal of testing please.

Of the three options I presented, here's the approach I've taken : all 3 of them, sort of. Things shrink (but not too much) as space becomes scarce, such as if you have a narrow window and have set a massive rate fader, but not too much to be unreadable, at which point they disappear. All of this should adjust based on what combination of transport element you have set as visible, and the size of the rate fader of course.

The behaviour varies quite a lot between docked and undocked forms, because they seem to give very different expectations with different users.

The rate fader resizes to lower than the value you set if there isn't room for the value you set, unless its single row, in which case it hides that section, because apparently that makes more sense. I can't, at this point, remember why but I distinctly remember being convinced to do this by someone. You people ask for weird things

Undocked transport can now be reduced all the way down to just the transport control buttons.

The really big news, for me, is that all of this should, in theory, be entirely scale agnostic and transparently moddable. Modders should be able to resize/image swap or reorder bits and the logic should hopefully adapt so all the resizing still just works. Though I've not tested any of that ...cough

I haven't done the all the 'center transport' stuff yet, because a) I would like what I have done so far to be tested first please, and b) I hate it because its a legacy thing that should now be done with WALTER instead, grumble grumble moan moan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
View master fader in TCP still seems bugged for me, like the tcp panel for it is extremely zoomed in and fuzzed out
You haven't really provided me with enough information to understand or action anything about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
Having the track panel folder creation/expand/collapse icons position be scriptable would be great. I miss it being on the right

I hope my feedback helps in some fashion.
Not going to happen I'm afraid; the only way I've been able to make a lot of this work is by making some of those left hand elements do multiple jobs in the background, so they're stuck there I'm afraid.

Your feedback is very welcome, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
It seems to not always saved to that file if you are saving a new theme name like adding an increment number on the file name for iterations etc.

I've managed to get it saved to that file now but not sure quite how will try somethings out and let you know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
It seems like it always takes the initial "6.0" settings at the top from that file and not the ones saved that reference the latest theme save name (at the bottom).

I think it worked when I copy and pasted the settings from bottom of file to the top.
Hang on; are you modifying the theme/script and saving copies and doing things like that? Please clearly indicate any feedback that comes from doing this, because I can put mechanisms and instructions in place to minimise the chance of you breaking things, but whether you broke something while fiddling with it needs to be clearly deliniated from the theme itself being broken on delivery. With me?

Quote:
For a lot of people tracking multiple tracks at a time, the meter peak readout is EXTREMELY important!
Peak readout appearance is determined by the size of the panel (which you set in Reaper) or the size of the TCP meter (which is set in the script).

When space gets small I have to start hiding things. There's nothing I can hide that isn't needed at some point. That's just how it is.

Peak readout isn't controllable by me at all. Its automatically populated by Reaper so long as the meter is big enough, and the only time it shouldn't be big enough is if the TCP meter is set very small. Which is adjustable by you in the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Jay Cohen View Post
Have you considered putting the default theme in a folder on the development server?
They don't let me near the development server, for very good reason : I have my own teeny git that's just my stuff, and I manage to break it all the time.

Quote:
Why is there no input channel chooser on the track 29 "bass DI"?
I don't know ...user error? You're not giving me much to go on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Tune View Post
Would it be possible to link MCP/TCP selections as an option?

Edit: I mean just in terms of the show/hide functions in the script.
Possible? Absolutely. I'm not sure why though; is it not the very point of having two different representations of the same information that they somehow perform different roles in your workflow? Perhaps I'm not understanding what you're getting at, could you explain please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
How long until this isn't just dev build only?
Probably whenever it is that you start seeing 6.0 alpha pre threads. I use dev branch stuff, its not really up to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Tune View Post
I'm also seeing armed tracks in the MCP not following narrow and element label options, which I think is a bug.
Oooh, eek. The recarm narrow seems to be working for me. Can you confirm please?

The whole element label situation is suboptimal because Reaper isn't redrawing when you change them, you have to do a panel resize to make it do a redraw. Yes, this does make my label hiding functionality a bit crap! Hopefully this will get picked up in the pre threads once all this is further along.

Quote:
Yup, and that's what's not sticking. How can I make it the default for new projects maybe?
I can't tell if you're doing something wrong or if Reaper is or if I am.

Last edited by White Tie; 08-21-2019 at 08:06 AM.