View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
superblonde.org
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
(ie a microphone and laptop in my living room)
i'm curious why you can't re-record if necessary. if it was a lofi performance to begin with.
this might be considered off topic.

Because I would think that 50 songs, recorded over 2 years, will have quite a variance in levels and quality. Which makes the end job harder. (much more work to force everything to sound consistent)

So I was reminded of the funny story told by dave grohl about recording a foo album where he insisted that no computers would be used, that no edits be used, that each song be completely recorded to tape. and he was so under pressure from everyone else about going back to "fix" things, that he physically cut up the master tapes, so that they could never be overdubbed to fix anything, and the funniest quote: "if you want to fix something, let's just play the song again! play the *** song again."

Thus wouldnt the main thing to do, to make the whole job smooth, would be to get all 50 songs to performance level and record them all in a single day (or 2-3 days max) which would mostly guarantee they're all very consistent in sound and tone quality.
superblonde.org is offline   Reply With Quote