View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 10:54 PM   #96
silksow
Human being with feelings

I only discovered Chris's work this year, incredible.

ToTape5 was my introduction to Airwindows. It was the end to my search for tape emulation and stays at the end of my 2buss before Event Horizon. First in that chain is Console6Buss.

I spent the better part of two days auditioning the many variations of Console, determined to figure out why so many people seemed to have way better ears than me, and gave up with renewed faith that people hear what they want to hear - Then Console6. Then the hair stood up on the back of my neck. His notes on that was the first time I'd ever seen mentioned that the other Consoles want you to peak at 0dBFS! So, maybe my ears aren't better than others now but I bet they will be in 10 years if people are mixing that hot lol

Anyway, at the moment, my default channels are MJUC > IVGI > AW FromTape > PTEq-X > AW PurestGain > Console6Channel, and I can't imagine wanting anything else on a channel and I never want to change

TIP: Console is not rocket science (well, the code kinda is). It's used exactly the same as NLS or VCC. It's actually simpler! Chris has screamed to the cold, dead stars for eternity telling people that it's not the end of the world if you don't have unity gain, if you just gotta use the fader or you put another bus/channel pair on an aux buss or whatever. It'll just give you a sound then - A SOUND! - instead of the mathematically perfect transparent summing which, I assure you, NLS and VCC aren't bringing to the table regardless of how you use them.