View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 10:52 AM   #1092
Soli Deo Gloria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commala View Post
Soli, I don't understand the problem you're having here exactly?
Schwa nails it below :

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
I believe the issue comes when using MIDI input or function keys for step sequencing. At present, this always advances the cursor to the next grid point. (Bold is mine)
This^^^. I´m using MIDI input exclusively (with a Kurzweil controller). How are you entering notes, by the way? With MIDI input, it happens what Schwa describes, therefore forcing you to perform more than the basic actions that should be required to write any passage. I mean :

1) Defining next value
2) Entering the note with the keyboard (MIDI controller)

When you have to do more than this for long passages with alternating dotted and straight values - to give an example -, it becomes really tedious. I mean, as you enter alternating note values with an external MIDI controller, the edit cursor must at least be repositioned with a shortcut after each entry, which is quite annoying after a few moments.

Of course, what I say could be an option and not necessarily the only way to enter notes with MIDI input, but such an option seems to be very important in these cases. Is it understood now, or do you need some kind of recipe to reproduce what I´m saying? If so, I´ll think about one later...
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote