View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 01:25 AM   #14
BirdBird
Human being with feelings

Completely agree with this, this is getting brought up over and over again and the developers seem to ignore it (or just not comment on it) for some reason even though everyone needs it. The native solution of creating a marquee selection and time selection at the same time is unusable in any real life scenario.

I did try to chime in and help Sexan with his area selection briefly (eventually had to step away because I would rather spend my time making music) and the root of the issues of programming something like this is that you have to jump through so many hoops for the script to behave right because you are trying to tape over an API to create behaviour that needs to be ingrained deep into the software.
Drawing transparent windows over program windows, manually blocking keyboard and mouse inputs, having to do some nasty calculations to figure out grid divisions, even nastier calculations to figure out envelope lane coordinates etc. and making every single one of those work both for OSX and Windows...

Last edited by BirdBird; 02-04-2020 at 02:57 AM.
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote