View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 07:40 AM   #879
michaeltonight
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. PC View Post
I was wondering, if there could be options to customize hot keys, or just pre-established hot keys for everything.

Sibelius has in my opinion the perfect setup for hot keys. A specific key that makes a note sharp or flat. Pressing 'A' gives you an 'A' note (closest octave to whatever your last note was). B gives a B, C gives a C etc.

CTRL Up - shifts a note up an octave, CTRL Down for down an octave.

Shift T - Brings up the transpose menu, transposes the selection.

Left-Right selects the previous or next note.

For me this is so important, but maybe it's a lot of work to implement. I wish I could program; I'd do it for you
I'm also used to working in Sibelius, and I love its implementations for typing in notes. I'm also not a fan of AVID, so I'm ultra-excited to switch to using REAPER notation!

Much of what you want is assignable with action keys, and I've started to mess around with making it as Sibelius-y as possible. Earlier in this thread, Schwa gave some good tips for actions to search for. reddiesel41264 also seems to be working on some customizations for Sibelius users. I'd love to see those (hint, hint!

On a side note, what's the easiest way to change note velocity in notation view? It would be amazing to be able to drag the top of the note and pull velovity up or down, as in the regular midi editor. Maybe I just haven't found where to set that up.

Thanks schwa for this amazing work! Thanks you other forum-dwellers for your hard work! This is a game changer for me!
michaeltonight is offline   Reply With Quote