View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 05:32 PM   #110
eq1
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by clepsydrae View Post
Hmm. When you applied the install for qt5-default, did it immediately complain about broken packages or did it first go through some shenanigans of downloading/installing and then complain?
Immediately complained... I just tried it again to be sure: mark Qt5-default for installation, window pops up that says such and such packages need to be removed, such and such need to be installed, and asks whether I want to mark the changes. When I hit "mark," the red exclamation mark immediately shows up next to line for Qt5-default, along with all the other icons and colors (red, green, etc.) for all other packages that are affected...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clepsydrae View Post
Oh right. This'll probably be easier via the command line...
I'll try the command line in some minutes - I decided to try to screenshot the list and use GIMP to cobble it together (it's long)... If I can't get that going within a few minutes, I'll bail and try command line.

OK, commandline easier, here's what it says:

"sudo apt-get install qt5-default
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 1914 (synaptic)
N: Be aware that removing the lock file is not a solution and may break your system.
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?"

Oh, wait a second, I think I need to close Synaptic first...

OK, now here's what it says:

"Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
qt5-default : Depends: qtbase5-dev (= 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed or
qtbase5-gles-dev (>= 5.12.8+dfsg) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."

Last edited by eq1; 05-17-2021 at 05:46 PM.
eq1 is offline   Reply With Quote