Old 08-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #29
Tale
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Sorry if I got overzealous.

Quote:
Yeah, on this maybe there should be a default implementation of () that just calls SerializeState()?
Quote:
Edit: OK, I've updated our next tree with JPEG support returned, but keeping the other project edits. So now we just need to find a good backwards compatible way of handling SerializePresets() and we should be good, eh?
Right. I don't think SerializePresets() is used anywhere else, so it is tempting to simply change it to:

Code:
bool IPlugBase::SerializePresets(ByteChunk* pChunk) { return SerializeState(pChunk); }
However, this could still break compatibility with an existing project if it happens to call SerializePresets() internally. So I guess it would be better to leave SerializePresets() be (and make it non-virtual again), and add a new virtual method instead, and call that new method for effGetChunk.

EDIT: Tried it here locally, it seems to work. Now I have to figure out how to pull the Cockos WDL's next branch without messing up my own master branch. And then what? Should I publish my own next branch, so you guys at Cockos can pull it, or can I push things to you?

Last edited by Tale; 08-23-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote