View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 05:57 PM   #3360
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Ahh, I didn't get this on first read...

I think we're all in agreement -- The "drill down", "submenu", "sub zone", what ever you call it is accessed from the FX mapping:

A1-A8 show:
FX1 FX2 FX3 FX4 FX5 FX6 FX& FX8

When you press RotaryPushA1 you map FX1

FX1 is free to have whatever navigation you desire, including a button mapped :
Code:
someButton GoZone aSubZoneForFX1
Are we all on the same page (pun intended) ?
Yep, on the same page, exactly what I had in mind

A button brings up FX1 FX2 FX3 FX4 FX5 FX6 FX7 FX8 on the C4 for the selected track.

When one of the FX is selected, navigation and parameter splay are handed over to that FX's .zon definition (ie exactly what we have now, minus any stack shenanigans)

Quote:
Yup, and we'll have to allow aliases (like the params) to keep things readable
I think for this to work, it will have to be done at the Reaper level using its Rename FX facility (right click on plugin in browser) You probably won't need to to do anything in CSI, it should 'just work' like the renames assigned to plugins in an FX chain do.

Quote:
bahhh, ok thanks for checking. I have double/tripled checked the midi cables, swapped them, etc, same ones as previously, maybe a cable went bad or something. Do those suffer from interference at all?
Not really, hardware wise MIDI is a 5mA opto isolated current loop. With decent cable (not mic cable!) it's good up to about 15m.

I would be more suspicious of the C4's power supply. Those sh***ty little black box switching PSUs can cause all kinds of grief when they start to fail. Try swapping it out if you can lay you hands on another.

Also Geoff's suggestion of trying the old WaddC4 software is a good one. If it works with that, your problem is software not hardware and we know where to look.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote