View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 04:14 AM   #11
SiddieNam
Human being with feelings

Default It's not Reaper, it's Windows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
When I said '128 samples' that is the setting I was referring to. I know I can go up to 256 samples to give Reaper more time to compute the blocks, but playing at fast tempos with that latency is really unpleasant. I had to run at that blocksize for years, (first with a Dell SF desktop, and then a mac mini) and being able to go to 128 with this computer made me feel like I was playing a musical instrument again.

Not worth compromising that setting for Reaper's sake...

still need to look into the options mentioned above, though. Haven't had time to do that yet, still using my old software for the moment.

-e

Just to be clear, Windows is the constraining factor specifically here, not Reaper. Anyway, have you tried going lower? You don't actually have to be constrained by powers of 2 (even though people tend to go for that); what happens if you set it at 100 or 90? Might be worth a go. Agree with exploring all the other options too; as I said -- good luck. These things are a pain until you find the right combo. My grunty desktop is great for studio work but it would be a rubbish thing to use for live, so I feel your pain.
SiddieNam is offline   Reply With Quote