View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 08:08 AM   #19
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbert-vdh View Post
Awesome! And yeah B4 probably just doesn't like the way REAPER processes audio. I'm not a REAPER expert so I'm not quite sure where to look for the correct setting, but when you right click on a track and go to performance options, there's a 'Prevent anticipative FX' option. Does that help? I know REAPER has had some compatibility issues with plugins in the past because of how it tries to prefetch audio to process things in advance when it can (e.g. when not processing live audio or MIDI), so that may be at play here. And if that also doesn't work, could you check if the plugin does work correctly in Ardour or Bitwig? If it does, then it must be related to REAPER itself (and if it does not, then your current workaround is probably the best solution at the moment).
Thanks again Robbert for all your help. The VSTi B4 Organ with Leslie seems fine, and this morning after a fresh boot, the lagginess of startup when using the B4fx VST (Leslie Only Part) seems almost non-existent.

I suspect that all the attempts of my trying to get the Leslie part of the plugin to read recorded midi CC64 might have exacerbated the issue. Lots of trying things and then undoing them.

I still see a very slight hesitation on the counter in REAPER to get rolling, but it is an insignificant amount now.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote