View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 01:54 PM   #26
Steviebone
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperStudent1 View Post
I was simply looking at the volume envelope points on a basically "empty" (1 point) volume envelope set at 0.00db. when I hit "Run" and checked the value of the envelope those numbers I mentioned were what Reaper "said" the envelope values were. Again, apologies for my script skills. I actually write quite a bit of code in Tradestation and have done some financial VBA macros, but never did anything in Reaper.

Possible sources of my errors(?) a)The location of the parameter, b) the syntax of the parameter (although there were definitely changes when I changed the parameter I thought was specified). Also, amazingly, when I popped in some random volume envelope points, they definitely moved in sync during run mode. c) Possible faulty copy/paste? I assume it simply wouldn't run if I did that...
Again, I can confirm here that the script works as expected for me. There may need to be envelope points on the lane... You first load the script, then assign it a keystroke. Select one or more tracks, press the assigned keystroke. The selected lanes (not the master) should increase/decrease by the selected amount of db. Start with a single track. Put media on the track and write some envelope points to the volume lane. Then try running the script. If you have the vol lane visible you should see all the points move. Make sure the lane is big enough that you can easily see the change.
Steviebone is offline   Reply With Quote