View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 01:29 AM   #39
cubic13
Human being with feelings

Hi, AugerJ

My answers are going to be more or less deceiving...

1) About the trans.bpm, sadly, I can't change this. As I was explaining it at vanhaze in post #17, the reason is that I had to use this control also as a background for the trans.rate and trans.curtimesig ones, otherwise I couldn't make them appear in the status block if I wanted them to be movable with the redimensioning of the transport bar. This is a theming limitation : neither there is a trans_rate_bg.png usable, nor a trans_curtsig_bg.png one. It's not a problem if the controls have fixed coordinates in the transport bar (iow, when the controls are not supposed to move in it). The problem arise when, as me, you want to have movable ones.

2) The Walter code of the transport bar is horribly complicated as I had to find a way to both, make the transport bar redimensionable with moving controls in it, and have all the transport bar options working. You have seen the result in the rtconfig.txt. So, maybe I took the whole thing on the wrong side but it seems to work in all case, at the expense of the disappearing controls in certain range of transport bar width. A quick math :

trans_buttons_width = 310 pixels
trans_status_width = 360 pixels
trans_bpm_width = 147 (with the time signature shown) pixels
trans_tap_automode_width = 115 pixels
trans_sel-fader_width = 232 pixels

The sum of all these : 1164 pixels.

I wanted the transport bar to be shrinkable down to a 1050 pixels width so, inevitably, I had to make some controls disappear at a point and choosed the ones I use the less : the time signature and the tap controls, first, then the bpm and rate ones. I had to do so in order to have a transport bar correctly displayed in all cases.

Now, maybe I made bad choices and should have hidden other controls. I'll see if I can add a transport bar layout more in accordance with what you are asking. It will take a while though, as the 'Selection' word is here by default and a lot of calculation will be need to optimize the gaps between the different control blocks in all cases (center/uncenter, time signature and/or rate fader hidden/unhidden...). Completely unable to tell you how long it would take...

Last edited by cubic13; 02-18-2017 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Precisions added...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote