View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #49
Lawrence
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
development time is relevant.
J makes a good point. Time spent on a new class is time spent. I do think if it serves the purpose it may be time well spent though and it may bring in a gaggle of other users who, at times, may want to just work with external midi and have that 1-to-1 relationship between arrange and mixer in the CC domain.

If the time it takes to do that doesn't add value to the potential audience then it may be a waste of time.

The biggest part of all this (imo) is the "Midi" mixer channel, not necessarily a new arrange class. As Gofer eloquently laid out, that stuff can probably be added to the current universal class with some clever thought. But that doesn't solve the mixer problem. So maybe the middle ground is an optional CC class channel for the mixer? Dunno.

I know Reaper is a new paradigm but (aside from Studio One which also suffers from this problem, even more than Reaper) is there any other sequencer without CC midi mixer channels in the mixer alongside audio channels and/or where arrange fader and pan are generally useless for midi? Not saying there isn't, just asking.

Good discussion. Good points all around I think.

Last edited by Lawrence; 07-06-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote