View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
J Kennedy
Human being with feelings

Default to midi or not to midi, that is the question...

Friends,

I haven't even found out how to edit midi in Reaper yet, much less record a new file. From the standpoint of a new user, it's hard to find and not intuitive.

I'm still on the cusp of using Adobe Audition as my flawed but main program, Reaper used as support but rapidly and inspiringly gaining ground.

There is this debate. Audition remains as an audio editor. The bloat of adding a full fledged midi program is too much. The clutter in Sonar is too much for many, as an example.

A happy medium has been reached by some of us in the implemented clock communication between an audio editor and a second midi editor, which are just a mouse click away. It would be nice if Reaper would go forward with a midi program that was separate from the audio application, with flawless communication between the two... or the option to run another midi software with full SMPTE/MTC capability from within Reaper. I'd gladly register another evolving midi project from this company. Does the midi implementation throw too much complexity into the focus on refining a dynamite audio recording program. Is there any downside to an audio Reaper and a midi Reaper that can communicate via virtual cables?

John K
J Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote