View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 11:50 AM   #21
acebone
Human being with feelings

"whilst the input is set to audio and you have the MIDI routed to the FX from another track"

I don't do that - It does not work.

There are two paths to connecting a controller to Amplitube:

1) Amplitubes own learn-midi-system. This only works if the track is set to mid-recording. That's why it's great that there is the next option:

2) REAPERS midi-learn system. This is what you're supposed to use in my case (recording audio, but controlling parameters with MIDI) - and here we have the big problem. Amplitube!

You know that you can press the "UI" button and get all the parameters as simple sliders instead of the fancy plugin-interface? Usually these sliders will have the correct name (a reverb might typically have a wet/dry knob, the corresponding slider is also named "wet/dry" - but not with amplitube. With amplitube I get 16 sliders (way to few) and they're named "parameter 1", "parameter 2" and they don't seem to change anything, in other words - the sliders seem to be "fake". Also Amplitube won't tell REAPER which control was touched last.

So as far as I can understand, Amplitube simply does not work in a standard way, which I do find incredible, and rather disappointing. However, it is possible that this is a bug in my system, and not amplitubes fault. However I doubt that. No other plugins are making problems in this area

Conclusion: The problem is that Amplitube seems to refuse being remote-controlled from REAPER.
acebone is offline   Reply With Quote