View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #68
dea-man
Human being with feelings

Default Here's why....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
That's cool. You should try to recall that the discussion between us started when you stated that you didn't understand why anyone ever works at 2048. You sidetracked the thread with that, since the thread wasn't even about that other than me saying that Reaper has a delay in the UI when my buffers are high... and one thing (clicking the UI) should have nothing to do with the other (the system latency)

All I did was give you the reasons why I do that, work at 2048,, since you said you didn't understand it and it seemed to bother you for some strange reason, not knowing why, and .. well... . It kinda went to Disneyland from there.

Now it seems to be unnecessarily evolving into one of those "last word on the net" things.

If you feel there's nothing wrong with it, why bring it up (off topic) in the first place? That's a semi-rhetorical question.
I side-tracked the conversation because I did not understand why anyone would use such a high buffer and then wonder why their latency was so long. To me, it never occurred to raise my latency that high. To me, it didn't make sense. You have since answered the question and I learned something new. I did not understand and now, I do. I believe I already said, thank you.

Does that explain it for you?