View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #38
MikComposer
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
REAPER does not currently add "pin on top" buttons to script GUIs. However, there are two easy ways to keep this script on top:
* Click the "Dock" button in the GUI to dock the script, and then pin the docker on top.
* Install 3rd party software such as FileBox eXtender, which can add "pin on top" as well as other useful buttons to windows. (I personally use FileBox eXtender, and it is very useful for pinning any window - even non-REAPER windows such as media players - on top while I am working.)

Some people are problem solvers, others are problem-seeking complainers.

If I understand you correctly, you can try adding the Action "Set default mouse modifier action for "MIDI piano roll left click" to "Insert note, leaving other notes selected" to the toolbar. This mouse action should not affect anything in the CC lane.

If you want to do it via the toolbar, link "Set default mouse modifier action for "MIDI piano roll left click" to "Deselect all notes and move edit cursor" (factory default)" to a button.
What do you mean i don't solve problems? I tell where the problem is and show best solution. But it is not my business to fix things for the devs or to find work around, because frankly, i hate work around, as they never work well enough, and only add more mess. And if you'd had seen my theme, you'd see how much effort I did put in to it already. Took me over a month. I could have worked over that month. You understand.

I am going to see if I can dock the script independently from other docked elements. Also, do you know if there is a way of toggling it on opening and closing of editor, without affecting default modifiers?

As for notes: I'd want to insert note without leaving other notes selected, but there is no such action. The one that can be set trough modifiers affect cc's. There is action available for deselecting all notes. Even if there would be action for drawing notes with single slick without keeping selection, you can't create a toggle button that would switch between those two.