View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
KevinW
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannocaster View Post
The clips in Addictive drums all have names - but most of them don't show their name once you drop them into Reaper. Instead it says something like "Drop from AD". (Sorry, not at that computer right now.) I also have some midi drum parts from groove Monkee and those do show up with names. I believe EZ drummer's beats names show up, too.

When I used the phrase "worked on" all I meant was that I opened the file. From what I can tell, all I have to do to get this behavior is to load the file. I believe it happens BEFORE I actually open the item in the midi editor simply because I was first alerted to this when I heard missing notes; I then opened the item to see what was going on and voilą - zero length on some. I noticed as I fixed them that they would often come back after I closed the editor and then reopened it. I already posted a Reaper file with the problem so I don't see what adding another would do. I can't post many of the actual .rpp files anyway because they are much bigger than the attachment limit the forum imposes.

I have seen the behavior on treacks other than drum tracks; for example, it popped up on a choral part I did that didn't have any notes with ends exactly adjacent to the next; sometimes they slopped over but usually there was considerable space between the notes. Yet some of them went "zero" on me anyway.

I guess I'm just lucky; must be something on my end.
I can't help much, but the issue with the midi loop name not showing was addressed a while ago.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=87404
I wonder why you still have the problem.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote