View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #2172
JPP
Human being with feelings

Default Installation issue?

Hi, I've been following this thread for a bit and read through all the posts (whew!). Looks like a great project, Geoff, thanks for doing it!!!

But, I am having a problem installing CSI on one of my PCs (did successfully install on another). Staring with a new windows 10 install with the latest Reaper build, I followed the CSI readme:
- x64 dll in reaper x64 plugins folder
- the CSI folder placed in the Reaper Resource directory.

On this new PC install, CSI does not show up in the list of 'Control Surfaces' from 'Preferences->Control/OSC/Web->Add'. While, on my other PC, it does show in the list (but, unfortunately, I can't use that PC for Reaper work).

For good measure, I installed the latest VC++ Redist for VS2015, but, that didn't help.

Is there a log file that would help me find the problem/solution? Or any suggestions?

Ultimately, my goal is to get a X-Touch One and X-Touch compact working in unison with reaper, (eventually) along with a tablet companion for scribble script display using OSC. If I understand correctly, this combination is well suited for CSI, correct?

FYI, I'm new to Reaper, but, have done a lot of SW dev work, so, I'm totally unfamiliar with Reaper operation/terminology, but not unfamiliar with the tech behind it. Can anyone recommend a place to look for at least some of the actions available in CSI (in axt/fxt files) and which are supported?

Cheers
JPP is offline   Reply With Quote