Thread: 2019 Production
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #51
synkrotron
Human being with feelings

Hello there Thierry

How are you?

I have just been listening to Messe and Prologue, and I also listened to your latest verion of Requiem because I don't think I did so when you originally posted that here.

Regarding Requiem, it is a while since I listened to the original version so it is difficult to compare.

Regarding Messe, I was wondering how the pipe organ would fit with the strings. The pipe organ can be quite an aggressive instrument, on its own, and at full tilt, but the sounds you chose, and the relative mix, works very well for me and the organ does not over power the piece, which I enjoyed.

Regarding Prologue, another nice "minimal" piece, well relaxed and not too challenging, if you know what I mean. I sometimes find some classical music, with all its virtuosity, difficult to listen to.

You mention "quite a big library." Would that be the new BBC Symphony Orchestra by Spitfire Audio by any chance?

I have been watching all of the Spitfire Audio YouTube videos about this library and it sounds a looks like a wonderful library. Not that I know anything about classical libraries... In fact I find all the various options for articulations, microphone positions and all that stuff quite overwhelming. So different to creating my own kind of material.

I would love to give it a go but I am sadly lacking in the musical theory department. I have been making a bit of an effort this last month, to learn more about chord structure, especially extended chords, and also chord progression, but I find it hard going. Some good stuff on YouTube, though, and Wikipedia has some great articles about this kind of thing.

And, finally, have you been keeping your LABS library up to date? I think that since the last time we spoke Spitfire Audio have released two new additions, London Atmos, and, today, Moon Guitar.

cheers

andy