View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 AM   #34
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsproductions View Post
Presuming you are talking about "physical modeling" guitar like AAS Strum and alike, my opinion is that modeled instruments no matter if its a guitar or piano all sound like ass. I prefer sampled instruments because it captures the soul and the charecter of the instrument, I use Shreddage from Impact Sound Works, Evolution Electric Guitar from Orange Tree Samples and Direct Guitar from Pettinhouse. What I like to do is write an identical riff with Shreddage and Evolution not just by copying the midi file but actually playing both parts and then blend them together both are double tracked from the interface, that was one of the reasons I asked about scales used in metal .
I like Chimp Spanner's sound and style of playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPS3O...eature=related
Ahhh - gotcha. Yeah - I've not been a huge fan of sample based guitars, but I have to say, some of the things I've heard from Electri6ity (I think that's what it's called) have been really good. I was speaking more along the lines of modeled guitar amplifiers, used along side a real guitarist. But to me, all of this would apply to sample based guitars as well as a real guitar - sound is sound man - if it sounds good, it is good!

Chimp Spanner is familiar to me - I will have to check that video out!