Old 03-15-2018, 06:33 AM   #3
minotaur
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Not a direct answer to your question,
but two suggestions:
- Jamstix http://www.rayzoon.com/jamstix3.html
- Play the parts on a midi-device. This will create velocity and timing imperfections
Thanks for your reply! I'll check out Jamstix, I don't know it, although I gather it's a drum VST with a similar algorhythms of humanization in-built. Unfortunately it's no OSX compatible, I'm on a Mac...

What I aim at is to create a template/plugin/midi routing scheme that could be applied to any drum software/sampler library, or even any software instrument that could benefit from this kind of proportionate filtered randomization.

And yes, there's always the possibility to play the parts, sure, but that would be just like applying random destructive midi humanization to one particular track, which I already do. With live recording on a midi input I had little success playing believeable funky hi-hat patterns for example also, whereas preparing a properly routed basis once, then allowing myself from then on to program linear notes would be WAY more beneficiary for me on the long term, not to mention it requires zero actual skill to be developed. I'm working on a solution that's created specifically for hand programmed or 100% quantized perfect midi data, and the reason for that is the convienience it would offer to program one track, but be able to use the data in it to be potentially routed to other instruments as well - so when I'd play the parts it would still be exactly the same thing across instruments, which creates that genuine robotic feeling I specifically try to avoid here.

Imagine being able to program one quarter of the data for orchestral stuff, for example.
minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote