View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #268
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
This one already exists -- wet/dry control is always listed as the last FX parameter.
Yes, that is true, but that implies a need to know its number, or query and count the total number of parameters. What I am referring to is the ability to control it without knowing how much parameters the plugin has. Since in REAPER every plugin is guaranteed to have this exact same control, I should not be having to look for where it is every time.

I would like to use such a feature to more easily build stuff like 'smart' bypassing (etc.): first fade from wet to dry, then switch bypass on; and conversely, first set wet to 0% (dry), then switch bypass off, and wet back to 100% fade. If there would be a dedicated address for this dedicated control, that would make it a whole lot easier.

[EDIT:] Also, the same can be said of the bypass parameter: we'd have no need for a dedicated address by the same reasoning.

Perhaps an easy fix: make wet/dry always the 1st parameter instead of the last one (so the number could never change). May have some unintended consequences though...

Last edited by Banned; 02-28-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote