View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 03:30 AM   #11
jesus4c
Human being with feelings

First of all, thank you SO much for your suggestions so far! No answer yet, I'm sad to say, but the whole experience has certainly been very educational. I've just had an afternoon of working on a new podcast episode (#1 in Australia, at the moment, I'm proud to say. ) and at the same time, trying to figure out a solution.

Alas, the buffer has not made a difference. Each time the stuttering has happened (about once every 10-15 minutes) I've changed the buffer settings but whatever I put in there, it hasn't helped.

At this stage I had only 1 track with audio on it. I tried replacing my TriLeveller JS plugin with a VST version of the same. And then disabling all plugins on that track as well as the Master. Didn't help.

I ran LatencyMon and 'Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts'.

There were the usual scheduled Windows updates about 4 weeks ago. And at a very rough guess, the might've been when the issue started, but I'm not sure. Hopefully, if this is the problem, the next updates will fix it.

And while the RME equipment looks wonderful, it's a bit out of my budget. I'm hoping not to have to spend any more on my system.

Luckily, the problem is just bit annoying and not stopping me doing what I want to do. Next time I'm in front of said computer, I'm going to try selecting different ASIO drivers.
jesus4c is offline   Reply With Quote