View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #11
MrJones
Human being with feelings

Seriously though, I just tried this manually by putting all the master effects on a new track, duplicating it as often as I have existing tracks and then attempting to move them in. 100% CPU, system barely responsive. I gave up before I was done. If this was a paid project, I wouldn't know what to do.

The problem in this specific attempt appears to be the "dedicated process" VSTs I have on the master, which now spawn a really insane amount of processes due to my duplication when I tried to have them per track in this large project.

This was the only other solution than manual solo'ing of each track which I could think of. And you can't suggest manual solo'ing as a serious solution really (because of the insane manual clicking work involved, not because the export duration).

So this makes it a good reason why this would be really very useful to have in REAPER ("Export selected tracks with full master FX" option), even if it renders slowly because REAPER internally would do the same as solo'ing each track and render one after the other or something - because at least I can let it run over night and do something useful in the meantime.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote