View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #22
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Sorry you lost me here.

In fact I do full stereo ReaVerb using stereo "L" and "R" impulse files i.e. a file for the sound source located left and one for the sound source located right.
I was referring to the somewhat standard arrangement for single multitrack True Stereo impules, where you have separate left and right impulses that were sampled with two microphones, so there are 4 impulses in the single file. The format is like the following,

LL left source left microphone
LR left source right microphone
RL right source left microphone
RR right source right microphone

and the problem lies in that it requires pin settings to get the proper left and right signals to the correct tracks of the multitrack impulse which result in a mono dry signal.

Quote:
Hence I need to route the two input channels to both impulse file "entities" in an FX channel this is done by using pin routing to bypass the upper plugin on channel 3 and 4, and connect those to the lower plugin. Easy and straight forward but needs two ReaVerbs (each with their own controls).
I hoped that ChannelTool would allow this within a single ReaVerb instance.

But AFAIU, it does not.

-Michael
So are you using True Stereo impulses that just happen to be broken up into two stereo impulses? I've been using the quad format impulses where they setup a left and right microphone, then sample for the left, but each mic is only for the left, resulting in two impulses. A left and a right impulse just for the left side, and the same thing for the right channel.

Every other impulse reverb I use can accommodate impulses like this one I frequently use. It needs the first two tracks of the impulse to be fed by left signal, and then outputs those to the left and right. The next two tracks of the impulse need to be fed by the right channel and output to both left and right.

You can do this with the pin settings, but you will make the dry signal mono in doing so. All my other impulse reverbs let me assign either the track order being used with fixed routing, or with input and output pan controls for each track of the impulse, like the LSP Impulse Reverb does it.

Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote