View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 11:44 PM   #17
Liquid Fusion
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
If you want a amazing blues tone, use a tube amp. At the end of the day, it will always win. It will always be better. You can pick up a Carvin Vintage 16 with a V30 12 inch in a combo for super cheap. Flip it in 5 watt mode and juice.
I can hear a lot of noise in your guitar track. A more than normal amount of noise. Does your guitar have problems? If so, a amp sim will not fix that. You could also play with pickup height. Most pickups are to close to the strings anyway. But you mind find what you are looking for starts at the guitar.
The Black Rooster Audio has a free amp sim that is amazing! And it is free! You can get just about any kind of blues tone you could imagine with it.
https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/products/cypress_tt-15
The gain is so touchy on amp sims. In the track you provided, if you backed off the gain even 3%, it would really make it bluesier, in my opinion.
Amp Sims take a lot more work to get a great tone than a real tube amp does. Using to cabs really helps a lot as well. And EQ and compression. But it starts with the guitar
Thanks. What actually happened - I took individual analog reel tracks - guitars recorded through a modded Fender Champ amp - then added Guitar plugins to each track. Overdid it. Right.
Fender Tele w/EMG 85's Bridge / neck.
Liquid Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote