View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 06:46 PM   #1
138BPM
Human being with feelings

Default A few shortcut keys/settings I changed

Everyone is different, but here's the stuff I have setup shortcut keys for up to now as a complete beginner using Reaper. None of these altered shortcuts wipe out any key combinations that already exist:

"Track Recording Settings" (Ctrl+Q).
This is where you can set the track to automatically use Quantize as you record. Previously there was no keyboard shortcut for this. The default action for Ctrl+Q was "Quit REAPER" but Alt+F4 already does the same thing.

"Glue Items" (G).
Previously, "Glue items" was "Ctrl+Shift+G" and "Group items" was "G". I don't know what grouping items is and never do it, but I always use glue to join split parts, so these have been swapped around so "Ctrl+Shift+G = Group items" and "G = Glue items".

"Insert 4 envelope points at time selection" (Shift+P).
Previously there was no shortcut key for this action and nothing was assigned to the keys it now uses.

"Track: Set to random colors" (Ctrl+Alt+C).
With a track (or tracks) highlighted, this instantly changes the track colour and, if you don't like the color, you can just keep holding Ctrl+Alt and pressing C. Saves right clicking. No shortcut existed previously on this key combo.

Other settings:

- A preset was set as default in the sampler "VSTi: ReaSamplOmatic5000 (Cockos)" so by default, "Min vol" is set to zero (-inf) and "Max voices" is set to 16 (the highest setting). These are settings that I personally always change in the sampler, every time I load a sample in. "Min vol" being on zero means the note velocity can be set on samples in the sequencer. "Max voices" gives it a 16 note polyphony on the sample, as opposed to the default 4 note polyphony.

- Enabled "Prevent mouse edits of single envelope points from moving past other envelope points" under Preferences > Editing Behavior > Envelope Display.
138BPM is offline   Reply With Quote