View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #115
cola.research
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkingzx View Post
ok yep so you say great recordings still sound great through all media, but could they sound better if catered for certain media, and if thats the case then maybe were missing out. more closer to the direct topic, some1 the other day recommended that i turn all my tracks down to about -18db then make louder with some fx on the master, ive used js eventhorizon b4, and some waves stuff, l3-16, ssl comp, now ive been using izotope ozone, makes most of my mixes sound nice and loud, and better. another thing another person said, i find myself going to turn something in the mix up, that i should turn everything else down first, then raise them back up to how i wanted it to sound to make it better or stick out more. also eq any freq overlaps like bass, mid highs that seem to clash with other sounds, check mix with a sub to check the bass in all the instruments, duck if necessary, that will "open" up the mix to make it sound better.
I know there's not supposed to be a right way and a wrong way, but Good Lord there is so much wrong here I can't think of how to begin to address it.

Why don't you just record it right to begin with and then use your damn ears - seems like people want to do all this fancy shit with every vst under the sun just because they CAN, but they CAN'T be bothered to just take the time to record it right.
cola.research is offline   Reply With Quote