View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 05:06 PM   #82
ferropop
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
You completely missed my point on having to manually create lanes and the struggle in promoting tracks.
Neither i never saw any “threat” in this awesome new functionality.
I just stated that marking PT as “perfection” is not good for developing a BETTER way to comp.

To be clear, nowdays i think no-one works through an entire song in “one shot”recording passes.
I usually work with the talents in sections (verse, bridge, chorus etc..) doing multiple takes even in multiple days.
I have songs with up to 20 takes per section based on producers requests.

Never found any issue in working with takes.

And working in ProTools was just fine, but not great, if you know what i mean.

BTW i shared my personal opinion hoping in a better way to handle multiple recording passes.
In my opinion the more ergonomic and fast it is, the better we work.

I think everyone wins if we share good ideas and experiences to help develop a better environment for recording and producing, and that was the spirit of my post.
I never said “stop everything, in the name of take system!”
I feel kinda pathetic offering any more input honestly, there's literally years worth of mockups, gifs demonstrating the pitfalls, write-ups proposing the best way to retain as much of the current system while bringing functionality in-line with the major DAWs (swipe-comping etc), and unfortunately with no structured dialogue or sense that it's being heard, it's just a bunch of noise.

Hope this new lanes stuff leads us to better comping, not sure that's what it's meant for but one can hope.
ferropop is offline   Reply With Quote