View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #2562
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd256 View Post
I removed the CSI folder and the dll and started with a fresh project, and now the EQ and comp are both responding again. If this is repeatable I have a way to proceed.
I've just checked out the files I posted with a new, completely vanilla, portable Reaper install.

I put the BCR2000 into U-4 mode (I use USB, it's S-4 if you use MIDI) and sent the sysex using MIDIOX (slow but reliable) The BCR LED did its circular thing showing it's receiving the sysex file. I saved the data into patch 1.

I created a CSI folder in the Reaper resource folder containing the fxt, axt and mst folders ( I didn't copy the folders from the CSI download) and populated them with the files from my BCR2000mk2 download.

I put the reaper_csurf_integrator64.dll in UserPlugins folder in the Reaper resource folder.

I opened Reaper, opened the Preferences window and the Control/OSC/Web option and added Control Surface Integrator. I selected it, hit edit and added one Page 'Tracks'.

Within that page I added the BCR2000 (Click Add MIDI) selected the appropriate MIDI in and MIDI out choices and made the selections for: Surface (BCR2000mk2.mst), Action (BCR2000mk2.axt) and FX (BCR2000mk2(this one's a folder)

I clicked OK all the way out of the Preferences window and quit Reaper (a bug in the windows version of CSI causes the plugin to stop working after changes are made to it's setup in the Control/OSC/Web prefs)

I started Reaper again, created a new project and added 8 tracks, one by one. As each track was added, the LED ring around the top row of encoders (to the immediate left of the LED display) lit half way (ie LEDs from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock were on)

As Group 1 was selected on the BCR2000, the top row of encoders were controlling channel pan. The half way lit LED ring shows pan was at centre.

A single LED on each of the bottom row of controllers came on to represent the channel fader at zero. Channel level is controlled by this row of encoders.

The upper row of buttons control channel mute, the lower row, solo. The top row encoder push selects that channel (in Group 1)

I created 3 sends on a track and selected Group 2 on the BCR2000. Now the top row encoders control send level and the encoder push controls send mute. Initially send 1 is controlled across the tracks, but using the lower 2 User Buttons (bottom right on the BCR2000) you can step back and forward through the sends on a track (using the push to mute a send is a good way to remind yourself which send you are controlling)

I added a ReaEQ to a track and when its window opened, LEDs on the middle two rows of encoders lit to indicate FX parameters available for control. The lower row has EQ Gain on controls 1,3,5 and 7. The upper row has EQ Freq and Q for 4 bands across 8 controls

I selected all the tracks I had created and duplicated them 3 times. Now you can use the upper two User Buttons to bank across the tracks in jumps of 8.

Group 3 also controls channel pan, but this time the push toggles between Pan and Width.

And that's about it

If you want to gain an understanding of how the mapping works, I would suggest opening the .mst file and .axt files next to each other in text editor windows and see how the various actions are mapped to the controls and the controls have their messages defined.

The same goes for fxt files- check out how the FX parameters are mapped to controls.

Once you get the idea, you can edit the axt/fxt files to change what the buttons and encoders control and bend the setup to suit your own way of working.

You can find my setup files here: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/35379/BCR2000mk2.zip

Last edited by MixMonkey; 02-13-2019 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Added link to setup files
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote