View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 01:07 PM   #592
tonfunk
Human being with feelings

Hi osxmidi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
Thanks.

Wine has missing bits (that are in Windows) that Waves Central requires, robocopy and some reg entries and some overrides.

The way to test if robocopy is working is to add the mfc42u.dll and mfc42.dll 32 bit overrides in /windows/syswow64 and then run "wine robocopy" from a terminal and look at the terminal output to see if it ran ok.
This I tested. wine robocopy shows
wine robocopy
01e1:err:winediag:ODBC32_SQLDrivers No ODBC drivers could be found. Check the settings for your libodbc provider.

wine64 robocopy shows
01e5:err:winediag:ODBC32_SQLDrivers No ODBC drivers could be found. Check the settings for your libodbc provider.

I guess this is expected behavior.

Quote:
The reg entries need to be added so that Waves Central knows about some paths.

Once it's setup it should be ok.

I think that Waves Central (and robocopy) is a 32 bit app and it generally needs 32 bit overrides in /windows/syswow64.

The Waves plugins that Waves Central installs can be 32bit or 64bit and the 64bit plugins generally have their overrides in windows/system32 and the 32bit Waves plugins generally have their overrides in /windows/syswow64

Some Waves plugins need some overrides otherwise they won't load, a mfc140.dll override and maybe others (for 64 bit plugins copy mfc140.dll to windows/system32 and add mfc140 into the Libraries section of winecfg).
I did all overrides in syswow64. My question was asking what the best source is to get the dlls required as winetricks does not provide all of them.
So far I did not see any need for mfc140.dll

Quote:
The way to tell if a plugin might need some overrides is to run Reaper from the terminal and load the plugin and look at the terminal output for any Wine errors relating to missing dll's.
Good point. I tied this for V-Comp which does not work so far. There is the same error pointed out in the my previous post. But this does not point me to a missing dll, does it?

dssi-vst-server: ERROR: Failed to instantiate plugin in VST DLL "/home/sd/.vst/WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll"

Quote:
wine regedit

Add the following environment string variables under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment (New String Value)

COMMONPROGRAMFILES(X86) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files

PROGRAMFILES(X86) C:\Program Files (x86)

PUBLIC C:\users\Public
That is interesting. I definately added those entries to the registry, but when double checking today, they are gone. Let me follow up.
UPDATE: re-added the regentries, no change.

Quote:
Wine Staging is only needed for Waves Central and the Waves plugins themselves can run with any of the Wine versions, Wine-Stable, Wine-Devel or Wine Staging.

The winbind and libntlm0 and gnutls packages might need to be installed for net access as well.
As I have issues w/ net access from within the v9.3 license center let me follow up on this as well.

UPDATE: packages installed, reboot, no change.

Quote:
The file to wrap with linvst.so is WaveShellxxxxxxxx.dll which is probably in Program Files/VstPlugIns for 64 bit systems.

The Waves plugins probably require a mfc140.dll override (for 64 bit plugins copy mfc140.dll to windows/system32 and add mfc140 into the Libraries section of winecfg).
Ok, so my question is still open - where do I ideally get the dll from?
UPDATE: tried with overwriting mfc140.dll (from dll.files.com), no change.

Br,
Sven

Last edited by tonfunk; 10-23-2018 at 02:34 PM.
tonfunk is offline   Reply With Quote